Content Blocks Hooks are a powerful feature that lets you easily insert any piece of content you might think of, dynamically, throughout your website. It works with the most popular page builders, so if you already know how to use one, you already know half of the Content Blocks story. The great part of this feature is that you do not need to know any bit of coding to implement Content Blocks throughout your website.
There are three types of Content Blocks. Hooks, Pop-ups, and Templates. Each does something a little bit differently, but on this one we will concentrate on Hooks.
This type of Content Blocks can include anything you might think of. If a page builder can do it, so a Content Block can.
Let’s address the options. What you need to know —
- Display Conditions – our usual conditional dialogue box. Choose where would you like the Content Block to take effect.
- Location & Priority – this lets you choose where would you like the Content Block to appear on the page. Priority goes like counting numbers 🙂
- Container Structure – this lets the Content Block follow the rules that you have set for normal pages or posts.
- Dynamic Content Preview – an option that is good for previewing how your Content Block might look like, if you have dynamic data inserted into it.
- Visibility – our usual device visibility selector.
Inserting a Content Block as a block
With Blocksy 2, you can now insert Content Blocks as actual Gutenberg blocks, making working with them even easier. Just look for the “Content Block” block and you’ll be golden!
The Content Blocks feature supports the usual multi-lingual features. By installing one of the popular multi-language plugins, such as WPML, Polylang or TranslatePress, you automatically get access to these features.
You will be able to translate Content Blocks, select their display conditions based on the current language, you know, the usual features.
To show the various hooks you can use, simply go to the front end of your website and choose the Hook Locations option in the toolbar. You will be presented with every hook available on top of your content. You can use these to display your Content Block